Medford's Trusted Emergency Dentist
Dental emergencies are typically sudden and unexpected incidents that may leave you feeling panicked. When severe oral pain or a traumatic injury affects you or a loved one, it can make all the difference in the world to know that you already have a trusted dental team to turn to for support. At The Smilist Dental Medford, we’re here for our patients through thick and thin. That’s why our practice is open seven days a week, including early morning and late evening hours! If you’re on Long Island, don’t hesitate to contact our Medford, NY doctors and staff right away for emergency assistance.
What Counts as a Dental Emergency?
Our team considers the following situations urgent:
- Severe toothache
- Knocked-out tooth
- Broken/fractured tooth
- Oral bleeding
- Gum tissue injury
- Jaw injury
- Broken/lost filling
- Broken/lost dental crown or other restoration
Can I Prevent Dental Emergencies?
While it will never be possible to completely eliminate the possibility of a dental injury, there are valuable steps that patients and families can take to minimize their risk. These include:
- Be sure to keep up with regular checkups and cleanings at The Smilist Dental Medford! These visits are the most effective way to keep the minor concerns from becoming the troubling emergencies.
- Exercise caution when eating foods that are particularly tough or sticky, and never chew ice or bite your nails.
- Always use scissors to open difficult packaging materials instead of your teeth.
- Be sure to wear a mouthguard/sportsguard when participating in sporting events to keep your teeth safe from physical contact.